Erectile Dysfunction (ED) treatment Chennai – Impotence.
Men who may experience sexual problems can seek medical intervention to improve their reproductive organ systems and overall health. Sex related problems not only affect one couple but can unleash distress for both spouses, in most cases, this exacerbates the problem further. Erectile dysfunction or impotence is the most common problem that affects men. There are two types of this disorder, viz. primary and secondary ED. Primary ED occurs if a man fails to attain or sustain a satisfactory erection during sexual intercourse.
Physiology of erection and ejaculation in men
Types of erection:
Physiology of erection:
- Audio visual / tactile stimuli
- Activation of nuclei of spinal erection center (T11-L2, S2-4)
- Signal relayed to corpora cavernosa
- Increased arterial blood flow into sinusoidal spaces
- Relaxation of cavernosal smooth muscles
- Blood expands the sinusoidal spaces which compresses the venous plexuses and further expansion
- Excitatory stimulus from CNS, Neuro transmitter release
- NO release from endothelial cells, arteries dilate further , fills corpora cavernosa and penis enlarges in size
Phases of erection:
- Flaccid phase
- Filling phase
- Tumescent phase
- Erection phase
- Rigid phase
- Detumesence phase
Causes of Erectile dysfunction ?
- Inflammatory – prostatitis, urethritis
- Mechanical – pyeroine disease, chordee
- Psychological – depression, stress, performance anxiety, relationship difficulties
- Occlusive – smoking, dyslipidemia, hypertension, diabetes mellitus
- Trauma – injury to penis
- Endocrine – thyroid, high prolactin, hypogonadism, low testosterone,
- Neurologic – parkinson, multiple sclerosis
- Chemical – medicines for diseases, chemicals, toxins
How to Evaluate erection problem ?
- Psychological evaluation
- Mx, Sx, Fx, Drug intake history
- Penile doppler – Intracavernosal inj of papaverine, phentolamine, alprostadil.
- PSV > 35cm/s, EDV – <5cm/s
- NPT – Nocturnal penile tumescence test – min 5-6 spontaneous erections during sleep.
Treatments of erection problems
- Psychosexual therapy
- Sex education
- PDE 5 Inhibitors
- Sildenafil, Tadalafil – Blocks the breakdown of cGMP and maintains erection.
- Testosterone replacement therapy
- Vacuum erection
- Intracavernosal papaverine
- Intraurethral PGE1 pellet
- Penile implants
More intense secondary erectile dysfunctions.
On the other hand, Secondary Erectile Dysfunction refers to a condition where a man cannot attain satisfactory sexual intercourse. It is an incessant inability to achieve or sustain an erection to the climax of sexual intercourse. Most erectile conditions are reversible, especially when treated early. Erectile Dysfunction requires professional evaluation by a physician. This is because some diseases may be the root cause of ED, for instance diabetes, cardiac defects, hormone imbalance, high blood pressure and various medications that may aggravate ED problems.
Some of the psychological problems that may be the cause of ED include stress, depression, lack of self confidence, horrendous sexual nostalgia, myths that sex is deplorable, anger towards your partner and apprehension of impregnating women. Suffice to say, ED is not only caused by a man, it is a spousal issue. Both couples may be affected negatively if there are tumultuous relations, disagreements, distance lovers and lack of attraction to each other. If the man is obsessed with pleasing her, performance anxiety may result while the man may also be afraid of poor performance.
ED may be treated through mechanical means, medications, therapy and at very rare cases surgical procedures. Among the common mechanical means include:
Vacuum Pumps and how they help rectify erectile dysfunctions.
Your doctor may provide vacuum pump, this is used to temporarily enlarge the penis. The devices gained traction decades ago and have been shown to succeed in almost 75% of the cases. Nevertheless, many men do not embrace the method as it is embarrassing. The pumps have been apt for men who have been diagnosed with diabetes or where there are serious vascular complications and medications like Viagra has failed. The downside however is the caution patients who are diabetic should take if there is damage to their penis nervous system.
How to rectify erectile dysfunctions using constriction rings.
This treatment is suitable where a man suffers from secondary ED aforementioned. The condition occurs because blood vessels dilate as to make blood leave the penis leading to a loose erection. Constriction rings are rubber-made, offered in kits of different sizes and are placed at the penis base after a successful erection. You should explore the market for affordable and effective model under the guidance of your health care provider. However, you may have to use rings alongside other forms of treatment.
Other Methods that help in rectification of erectile dysfunctions.
In most cases, many men go for the over-the-counter Viagra to correct problems related to erections. Viagra and herbal medicine are on the rise, however, some cases like premature erection and male orgasmic disorder may not be treatable through these methods. You should seek medical intervention as early as possible before the condition has advanced to irreversible stages.
arunmuthuvel has reasonable cost of IVF in India.